THERMOMIX NEWS

With a heavy heart I have decided to hang up my Thermomix Consultant Apron for a while. We have some great new consultants in the area now, which leaves me to re-adjust my priorities.
My original goal was to introduce families in NE Vic to Thermomix and offer a easier way to provide good, wholesome and nutritious food and give the kids a really good start to life. Now with more consultants in the area and the word is spreading like wild fire, I feel comfortable knowing that we're in good hands.
Thermomix has offered me an amazing journey and has opened up a whole new world to me and the adventure of "real" food!! To anyone interested in becoming a consultant, I would highly recommend it.
I'm happy to still be contacted for any queries or can point you in the right direction to some other wonderful consultants.
Happy Thermomixing and thank you so very much for your support and encouragement!
Joelene xoxo



Friday, June 18, 2010

GLUTEN FREE DOUBLE CHOC CHIP COOKIES

It's been a while since I've posted a new recipe here. Not by intention, but as we all know, life gets busy as these things sometimes just slip by quietly forgotten...

So in a desperate effort to find a home made and GF alternative to the biscuits DD was being offered at Day Care (says me as I just begin to munch on the second one while dinner is cooking...) I found this recipe in Sue Sheppards 'Gluten-free Cooking' Cookbook. This and her next cookbook called 'The Gluten-free Kitchen' are just beautiful books.  So here is my version of these & of course converted to Thermomix!

Ingredients:
110g white rice
45g raw or rapadura sugar
120g unsalted butter - room temp.
45g brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp of vanilla extract
75g corn starch/corn flour (GF)
3 tablespoons soy flour
1/2 tsp bicarb-soda
40g cocoa powder
200-250g of chocolate chips

Pre-heat oven to 170C. Line baking trays with silpats or baking paper.
Into the Thermomix bowl add the rice and mill for 2 minutes on Speed 9. Set aside.
Add castor sugar and grind for 10 seconds on Speed 9.
Add butter & brown sugar and cream on Speed 4 for 40 seconds. Scrape down and repeat if necessary.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat again on Speed 4 for 1 minute.
Add flours, bicarb soda and cocoa powder to the butter mixture and beat on Speed 6 for 1 minute.
Add Choc Chips and mix on Speed 4, Reverse for 40 seconds.
Place large spoonfools of mixture on teh baking trays and bake for 8-10 minutes or until "golden brown" - being brown this is a bit difficult to judge so go with a nice crust evenly over the biscuits.
Leave on the trays for 5 munites and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.


These are the best fresh but are still nice a few days later, a little crumbly but fantastic still!

You could also use white chocolate chips, some craisons etc to vary this recipe a bit.

Hope you enjoy this and I hope to post some more recipes soon.

Happy Thermomixing xoxo

P.S. Using the Bimby Chocolate Cake Recipe that I have on here (actually just realised its not posted on the blog, so will add soon) and on the forum (look for Bimby Chocolate Cake), I substituted the flour for GF flour to make DD's 4th Birthday cake....



No comments:

Post a Comment