THERMOMIX NEWS

With a heavy heart I have decided to hang up my Thermomix Consultant Apron for a while. We have some great new consultants in the area now, which leaves me to re-adjust my priorities.
My original goal was to introduce families in NE Vic to Thermomix and offer a easier way to provide good, wholesome and nutritious food and give the kids a really good start to life. Now with more consultants in the area and the word is spreading like wild fire, I feel comfortable knowing that we're in good hands.
Thermomix has offered me an amazing journey and has opened up a whole new world to me and the adventure of "real" food!! To anyone interested in becoming a consultant, I would highly recommend it.
I'm happy to still be contacted for any queries or can point you in the right direction to some other wonderful consultants.
Happy Thermomixing and thank you so very much for your support and encouragement!
Joelene xoxo



Thursday, August 26, 2010

Banana, Date & Blueberry Loaf

Sorry for not posting much on here for some time. I started out with good intentions, but the reality is a little different. You know how life goes....

Winter (yes the pic shows you how cold it's been lately!!) and a few over-ripe bananas sitting in the fruit bowl inspired me to start looking for some Gluten Free Banana Loaf recipes for something yummy and nutritious in Miss 4's lunch box. After a quick google I came across Nearly Nigellas Banana Bread Comp and was inspired by the huge range of variations on the idea.  Combined with a sneak peak at the forum brought me across Zebraa's recently posted recipe which looks scrumptious, and a favourite recipe passed down from a good friend, I was inspired to make up my own variation.  So it's in the oven now smells divine!!!  Lets hope Miss 4 likes it....

Banana, Date & Blueberry Loaf

100g of dates
65g of butter
120g of sugar
2 eggs
3 over ripe bananas (chopped or broken roughly)
250g gluten free plain flour (I used the Orgran brand)
2 tsp of guar gum
2 1/2 tsp of gluten free baking powder (from the EDC)
pinch salt.

75g of frozen blueberries (or berries of choice)

  1. Pre-heat oven (fan forced) to 150C and grease a loaf tin.
  2. Add dates to TMX bowl and chop on speed 7 for 10 seconds. Set aside.
  3. Cream butter & sugar for 30 seconds on speed 3
  4. Add all other ingredient (except berries) and mix on speed 4-5 for 1 minute. Stopping and scraping down if required.
  5. Quickly and gently stir in the blueberries using the spatula only.
  6. Pour into loaf tin.
  7. Cook for 45 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
Just had a slice of this warm out of the oven with a little homemade butter and it's wonderful!! Nice and light and spongy and not at all heavy.

This recipe could be so easily varied for some thing a little different:

  • Try some brown sugar

  • Add some spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg

  • Add some chopped apple

  • Add some chopped dried apricots

  • Add some chopped nuts

  • Try adding some honey and rolled oats
The possibilities are endless. Just make sure you savour some while it's still warm!!

As I was slicing this I found another 3 bananas needing something done with them... so that'll be tomorrow nights adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment